Jakarta has plenty of events to offer supporting business. The city is also host of important international conferences. The is a perfect venue for matchmaking activities. Jakarta is expecting exhibition, convention and conference sectors to boom over the next couple of years, in line with Indonesia’s buoyant economy.
- Jakarta is fending off competition from sister destination, Bali, which in the last 10 years has gained in
popularity among business event planners.
- Jakarta is also a preferred destination for government and corporate meetings.
- Cucu Ahmad Kurnia, promotion director of the Jakarta City Government Tourism and Culture Office,
believes that the MICE sector has great growth potential in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia and where
most businesses are headquartered.
- The capital city has been hosting a healthy number of large retail exhibitions and B2B trade fairs in the last
15 years, a segment they said Bali is not suited for. Jakarta is also a preferred destination for government and corporate meetings.
- With a heftier destination marketing budget coming on-stream and the development of new MICE facilities, Kurnia expects Jakarta to be able to compete effectively with other Asian MICE cities within the next three
to five years.
Architecture & Real Estate
HR, Training & Recruitment
Marketing, PR, Communication and Advertising
Media & Creative industries
NGO & Charity
Tour & Travel
Currently our students have been involved in;
- Assisting with organizing events and operational control.
- Marcom activities and brand activation advisory
- Making Subcontractor/vendor quotes and preparing time, cost and labor estimates
- MICE activities